What I’m eating, listening to, laughing at, sweating through and loving on this week’s Me Likey Monday.
1. Squashed it: For dinner prep this week, I whipped up some Maple-Glazed Tofu with Spaghetti Squash. Holy crap is it good. Ever made spaghetti squash? It’s SO easy even a caveman could do it. Or me. I did that, down there. Watch for the recipe later this week.
2. Easy as fish: I love braids. And I’ve always wanted to wear a fishtail braid, but figured it was way too much work and I like doing other things than my hair, like slicing cheese and watching my ice maker dump ice (ah, the anticipation!!!). Then I saw this video and was like, what the what are you serious, that’s it, just add to the right, add to the left, repeat? Fishtails all DAY son, all DAY.
3. No boys allowed: Hey laaaaaadies! Have you heard of The Diva Cup? It’s a reusable menstrual cup – it’s safer for you, the environment, and your wallet. Check out my post over on Bargain Babe about how you can save $600 by getting rid of tampons and pads. And guys – you’re gonna want to skip this one, unless you are man enough to take lady part talk.
4. Mad Ironwoman: You guys. Spring is here. Which means triathlon season is here. Which means I might have verbally committed to training for a Half Ironman. Ermergerd I just threw up a little in my mouth typing that. I found this 18 week Half Ironman training plan, and will probably stick pretty close to it. Or, I might just look at it once a day, then watch another episode of Mad Men. Could go either way, really.
5. Cinco de beisbol: What did you have for Cinco de Mayo? I had tacos with GRILLED pineapple, peppers, mushrooms and tortillas, with homemade guacamole whilst tailgating for the Royals game. No big deal. My friend Matt is cooler than your friend Matt. Matt made the tacos and let me sit next to him. Stay with me.
6. Light up the dark: The movie Begin Again. HAVE YOU SEEN THIS. Mark Ruffallo is in it, so I don’t even need to say anything else because he is one of the greatest film actors of my lifetime and super dreamy but I will. THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING. The music. kills. me. And Adam Levine’s voice, until the very night I watched this movie, made me want to gouge my eyeballs out. Now, I’m a Leviner for life – that high note! The cast is insane: Mark Ruffalo, Keira Knightly, Mos Def, Adam Levine, James Corden, Catherine Keener. Stop your life and watch it. Then listen to the soundtrack on repeat.
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
What’s the best movie you’ve seen this year?
What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever agreed to do?Click to Leave a Comment - They Make Me Happy!