What I’m eating, listening to, laughing at, sweating through and loving on this week’s Me Likey Monday.
Happy November, loves!
1. Stache power: This month each year many of our men stop shaving in the name of Movember, an event to raise awareness of men’s health issues such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men’s suicide. Now, ya’ll know I love me some awareness. And some fellas get hellaaaa creative with those ‘staches. But the rest of you gents that use this month as an excuse to go all Leo Dicaprio Revenant meat, we ladies beg of you – SHAVE. Watching you store pumpkin pie and green bean casserole in that face fur as you pass out in front of the Thanksgiving Day parade is rough. And ladies, be strong – we are overcomers. Hunker down and I’ll see you in December.
2. Top Chef: I love to cook and eat healthy, but I am the worst at meal planning and prep. It’s just the way it is. So I use Sun Basket, a meal delivery service. Each week I choose two two-serving meals from a diverse selection of seasonal, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, paleo and low carb options. Those meals are then delivered to my doorstep, and each ingredient is pre-measured so all I have to do is follow the super simple and quick recipes. All ingredients are organic, and LITERALLY EVERY PIECE OF THE PACKAGING IS RECYCLABLE AND COMPOSTABLE. There is no waste. That makes my heart, and Momma Nature, super happy. And let me tell you, the food is stupid tasty. So good that sometimes I will actually eat at my kitchen table like a human adult instead of cowering over my metal TV tray from 1953 (did they even have TV then?) . But only sometimes. Bonus: order from the link above and get $35 off of your first order (at press time (I’ve always wanted to say that), no one pays me to share about Sun Basket. Though I’m not above that in the least. Hint, hint Sun Basket.)
3. This IS my sexy bra: Bad Moms is a funny movie. I know, I’m just as shocked as you are. But I saw it over the weekend, and it’s true. Fair warning, there is some sex talk and vulgar language. But there is also hilarious writing, relatable life moments, reminders that all women – moms or not – need to stick together, and a killer comedy performance by the great Christina Applegate.
4. Apple-bottom jeans: This week’s fitness shout out goes to the squat rack! Nothing makes me feel stronger or more ready to rule the world than walking right past the frantic man on the elliptical and squaring up to a back fulla weights. Plus, it fills out my new Madewell’s just right, if you know what I mean. Check out this quick and tough squat rack workout from my friends at Fitfluential.com. For the pause squats, hold the squat at the bottom for 1-2 seconds, then stand back up. Keep your heels on the ground, chest up, eyes forward and core engaged. Choose a weight that is heavy, but allows you to keep this form.
5. Dreaming of bigger things: Guys. It’s so. Good. Have you heard it? Imagine Dragons Thunder. For starters, it makes me think of high school and how I could not get out of there fast enough to head to Los Angeles to be an actress. “No Carol, I don’t have time to flirt with boys at the food court. I’m going to Hollywood.” Alsooooo, the repetitive beat make me want to run the trail faster, pedal the hill harder, and lift the weights heavier.
You know what I do have time for, Carol? A super-profesh photo shoot that will obviously have the hot-shot casting agents gunning for suburbia, Illinois to knock down my door. I mean, what screams “Movie Star in the Making” louder than pleated curtains, a Christmas tree belly sweater and lip-biting braces? Ah, the glory days of 1996. I hadn’t discovered Nair or wine yet because I still have eyebrows. And abs.
(Oh, and Carol? Thank yuh suh much for taking this picture. And curling my hair. And please say thanks again to your mom and Mr. Bart for taking us to Hawaii that one Thanksgiving. Love you byeeeee!)
What makes you feel strong and ready to rule the world?
Which meal delivery services have you tried?Click to Leave a Comment - They Make Me Happy!