What I’m eating, listening to, laughing at, sweating through and loving on this week’s Me Likey Monday.
1. I don’t want anybody else: My friend posted this quote on Instagram, and I loved it. Then I googled it because, no offense Friend That Shall Not Be Named, you just aren’t that clever with words. I discovered it’s from Sex and the City and I love it a little less now, but I still love it. #SelfLove
2. On the road, again: It’s summertime, which means VACATION! Just because you and the fam will be bunkin’ in the RV doesn’t mean you have to skip your workouts. Runner’s World has a great article on How to Stay Fit on Vacation. I second running early to get it out of the way. Most of the time, I slip out, sweat and am slurping coffee before anyone else is even awake.
3. No pain, no gain. I think I have a stress fracture but I don’t do doctors so there is really no way of knowing. What I DO know is that there is weird, nervy, stabby pain under my toes when I run and sometimes walk. So sweettart Kerry – who just got a new job with Saucony which can only mean good things for me – gave me Powersteps Metatarsal Relief Pads to put inside of my shoes. For about four miles it was like little cherubs were rubbing my feet while tiny magical harps played “Love Me Tender”. And then the pain came back so I should probably go to a doctor but whatever. Those four miles were glorious.
4. #BLVDIA: I spent the weekend at Boulevardia, a beer, music, food and art festival here in KC. It was such a great celebration of our fabulous local businesses and artists – I’m so proud to be a Kansas Citian. Friday I went merely to check out a band I’ve been loving, The Wild Feathers. They were AMAZING. And Saturday … let’s just say I was there for over eight hours. In. It. To. Win. It.
5. I’d do it all over again: The Wild Feathers are maniacs on the guitar and have great energy on stage. It was the highlight of my weekend. Check out this song, The Ceiling.
6. You are one magnetic hero: It’s a music two-fer! Saturday night, I was front row for Capital Cities, also at Boulevardia.
Safe and Sound is their most popular song right now, you’ve probably heard it on the radio. But I like “I Sold My Bed, but Not My Stereo,” half because it’s good and half because it’s such a rockstar thing to say. And I play guitar now, so I can say things like that.
7. Boom. Butter.: So maybe you already know this and I’m a super dumb dumb but did you know that making homemade almond butter is as easy as … wait for it … putting almonds in a food processor and turning it on and waiting and then waiting some more? I’m not kidding. It’s true. Detoxinista told me so. And I listened and it worked. Mind. Blown.
8. Drink it in: In case you missed it, here’s my Clean Eating Summertime Smoothie recipe from last week. It’s good. There’s almond butter in it. And it’s detoxing. And pink.
What are your favorite travel exercises?
When was the last time you were on a Ferris Wheel?3 Comments