What I’m eating, listening to, laughing at, sweating through and loving on this week’s Me Likey Monday.
It’s another snowy Me Likey Monday! I hope that wherever you are, you are feeling warm, staying safe and eating only the white snow.
1. Little hands: I was lucky enough to spend time with some little hands this week. We painted, colored, played games, read books and laughed. My friends have some incredible kids, and I love getting my snuggles in.
2. Once it hits your lips: When I was in Cali for Thanksgiving, Big Sis had a fridge full of Sparkling Ice Naturally Flavored Water in Pink Grapefruit. My tongue will never be the same – It’s delish, and packed with vitamins, antioxidants and green tea extract. When I couldn’t find it anywhere in Kansas City (by anywhere, I mean Trader Joe’s), I reserved myself to a life filled with regular, tasteless water. Until I walked into HyVee this week and saw a shelf of the pink puppies. I’m as serious as a knuckle sandwich when I tell you I Chuck Norris arm swept them all into my basket.
3. Unashamed of shame: My therapist, a friend and I have been talking a lot about shame these past few months. Some things have come up in my life that could easily leave me feeling shame, and it could swallow me whole if I let it. What I am learning is that everyone, EVERYONE experiences shame in some form, but most of us don’t talk about it. The way we look, our parenting, how successful we are at work, what our marriages really look like, and past experiences that we had no control over. To better understand, I am reading Brene Brown’s book, “I Thought it Was Just Me (But it Isn’t): Making the Journey from ‘What Will People Think?’ to ‘I am Enough.'” It’s eye opening, and I can’t wait to share the rest with you in a full review.
4. Body weight wake up: I started my Wednesday with a great morning workout of TRX + yoga. It had been a long time since I’ve done TRX, and I remembered why I love it so much. It is an incredible workout using nothing but straps and my body weight. I’d make a list of 10 reasons to try TRX, but someone already did and I’m lazy.
5. Lady eggs: My coworker Mary has hens – her “ladies” – so I get fresh eggs every few weeks. If you think you can’t taste the difference, you must be high on the dope weed. The flavor is so rich and the nutrients so many! Yesterday, I whipped up some Baked Eggs and Sweet Potato Hash Cups for breakfasts this week. Check back on Wednesday for the super-duper easy recipe.
6. Aura Lee: I love music and my favorite singer of all time is Elvis Presley. There is something magical about his voice, his eyes, his lips and his life. So when I learned Aura Lee (Love Me Tender) on the guitar this week, I couldn’t stop giggling like a little girl. Seriously. Sitting at home. By myself. Laughing and clapping. Uncontrollably. I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly. Now who wants to FINALLY take me to Graceland?
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
7. Marky McFly: Mark Zuckerberg is at it again. So innovative, that one. Did you hear his new way to experience the world around you? It’s called paper. If this kid isn’t from the future, then you can have all of my peanut butter. I mean…am I stuck in a Portlandia episode? What’s next. The All-New 4 Horsepower Chevy Covered Wagon? Ridiculous.
Who’s your favorite singer?
How did you move your body this week?