What I’m eating, listening to, laughing at, sweating through and loving on this week’s Me Likey Monday.
1. Shiny, happy: Are you happy? I am working on it, and this list of 7 habits happy people have is actually in line with a lot of the things I am striving to be better at – especially #2. What isn’t on the list is #8 – massive quantities of Cheez-Its. That makes people happy. And by people I mean me.
2. Pumped up kicks: I’ve been in the market for some high tops. I thought I wanted Converse, but then I saw these Vans Sk8-Hi Slims and it was over. Ive been wearing them with jeans, shorts, dresses, and First Class Southwest flights.
3. Baby momma drama: I live in the midwest. Where people have kids like it’s just another Google reminder. I love kids – always have. I’ve been a full-time nanny, teacher’s assistant and #1 aunt for years. But I have zero kids. And there are 68 reasons why that you as my coworker, neighbor, librarian, dentist and chi balancer (don’t ask) don’t know about. So there are things that you just don’t say to friends without kids – unless you want me to roll my eyes at you like a teenager you want to punch in the face.
4. Slow your roll: I got a new bike and she is HOT. Her name is Greenga, a brand new road / triathlon hybrid from Specialized. It’s full carbon with the Shimano Ultegra drivetrain and if you just fell asleep I don’t blame you. Basically I can ride long distances comfortably, or feel aggressive for a triathlon. And it’s pretty and fast and
cute boys people slow down to look at her.
5. This town ain’t big enough: It’s triathlon season, which means swimming, biking and running. Don’t forget that I’m the sheriff in this town, and I say check out Fiterature’s list of essential swimming gear.
6. Volunteer remorse: RUNch choose to volunteer at an aid station for the Hospital Hill half marathon on Saturday. And it rained. Like a lot. I mean, rain is falling from the sky in sheets and I’m standing there like an idiot, saying “Water?” to the runners. No. No we don’t want any more water. We’ve had enough of the water because our nipples are chafing and our underwear needs underwear. Nonetheless, we gave back to the running community and I got to wear this sweet outfit. So I think I came out a winner.
7. We have to just walk right by: While having drinks with a friend this week, we heard a great cover of Jackson 5’s “Want You Back” on the juke box. We Shazammed it, and discovered the band Lake Street Drive. Listen to this big band goodness! I love the meaningful lyrics paired with the smoky vocals and dance til’ you drop horns.
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
Have a joyus week, lovelies!
What do you do to be happy?
What is your FAVORITE pair of shoes?